[ydl-gen] YDL vs Debian based distros

Christopher Murtagh cmurtagh at terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 27 13:39:55 MDT 2008

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 03:38:00 pm Christopher Murtagh wrote:
>  Since YDL is CentOS/RHEL based, it will get supported for a longer period.
> If this isn't an issue for you, and you really want bleeding edge, then by
> all means Fedora might be the distro for you.

 I also meant to add that if you are comfortable with Debian, then this might
be a good choice for you as well. Debian is definitely more conservative and
it is a very solid distro. If we weren't running YDL on our servers
(http://www.ydl.net/, http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/ are both running on
YDL), Debian would probably be my next choice.

Cheers,

Chris