[ydl-gen] RPM Forge and ATRPMS

Chris Nolan chrisonthelists at cenolan.com
Sun Nov 2 07:10:41 MST 2008

Milton Calnek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wanting to port RPMForge and ATRPMS to ydl.
> Has anyone tried something like this or do you usually just get the stuff you want?

I just rebuild the SRPMSs as and when I need them. I have a few YDL
servers so I did actually build a local repo that I share over the
network to make updating/installing easier.

I have wondered whether terrasoft would sponsor a community based repo,
or whether they would actually extend the amount of standard packages in
their own repos (there are a lot of very commonly required packages that
are missing fromYDL!).