[ydl-gen] Looking for advice.

Jason Ritzke sha.goyjo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 18:25:02 MST 2009

My girlfriend owns a iBook G4 Mac Laptop, which, I'm sure you all know is a
ppc architecture system. After I switched to linux a little while ago she
decided it would be a great idea for her lower spec'd system to move to a
less beefy OS. I, for my part, have been looking into it to see what would
be the best option for a ppc-focused linux OS that could do all the things
that she needed.

But before I go trying to install ydl on her system, I have a couple of
questions for the more experienced individuals.

1. Are there any problems which could be forseen installing ydl on a G4
iBook?

2. How difficult would it be to install the xfce desktop inviroment into ydl
linux? Are there any reasons it might pose a problem?

3. Does ydl have any difficulty running typical software? is there anything
I need to look out for in the basic realm of word processors, e-mail
clients, and i-pod connectivity?

4. Any advice for how to best go about installing ydl?

Thanks for your time and consideration.