[ydl-gen] Cannot "yum upgrade" from ydl-6 to ydl-6.1

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Sat Jan 10 13:14:18 MST 2009

Hi John:

There are two components to your question:

1.  The rules governing linux software version numbering, which could
be researched elsewhere.  It is beyond the scope of this method of
communication, ie. via this kind of mailing list.

2.  Very briefly, YDL 6.1 is not an upgrade from YDL 6.0 but a
completely unique and separate release and progression beyond YDL 6.0.
Therefore there is no way to upgrade between the two releases via yum.