[ydl-gen] Cannot "yum upgrade" from ydl-6 to ydl-6.1

John Frankish frankish at dubai.oilfield.slb.com
Sat Jan 10 21:23:13 MST 2009

Thanks for the reply.

It turns out I needed the correct /etc/yum.repos.d/yellowdog-{base,
updates, extras}.repo addresses for ydl-6.1. After renaming the
existing ydl-6.0 repos and replacing them with the ydl-6.1 repos "yum
upgrade" worked fine and I'm now running ydl-6.1.

If I recall correctly, the upgrade from ydl-6.0 to ydl-6.1 was 40 new
packages and 296 updated packages for a total of 518MB - so better
than downloading a new 4GB iso.

John