[ydl-gen] PS3 2.53 / YDL 6.1

Mervdosh at aol.com Mervdosh at aol.com
Fri Jan 23 13:54:28 MST 2009

Owen,

I'm embarrassed to admit that my "hang up" was due to trying to use a
Bluetooth keyboard for entry.  With a USB keyboard was able to enter
install_ps3_1080p at the kboot prompt.  However, now it responds  with attempt to access
beyond end of device; want 7637524; limit  4186176.  My new problem may be just
as dumb.  Help.  I've  tried re-formatting and re-installing YDL ISO several
times.

Merv

In a message dated 1/16/2009 8:16:48 A.M. Central Standard Time,
ostampflee at us.fixstars.com writes:

>  My 80 GB PS3 (manufactured in Nov 2008) is CECHL01 and has GameOS 2.53.
> Does this warning apply to my model?  I downloaded YDL
>  (yellowdog-6.1-ppc-DVD_20081119.iso) and have not installed it pending
> the resolution of this warning.

No it doesn't, that model  should work fine. It's only models
manufactured in December that have this  issue.

--
Owen Stampflee: Director of Engineering. Fixstars,  Inc.
yellowdog-general  mailing  list
yellowdog-general at lists.fixstars.com
HINT:  to Google archives, try  '<keywords>  site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)