[ydl-gen] Internet freezes after downloading for a while on a PS3

Stéphane Thibaud snthibaud at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 10:53:29 MDT 2009

Hey all!

Using YDL 6.1 and SabNZBD for downloading from binary newsgroups, I
experienced freezing of my internet connection. I am using the ethernet card
of the PS3 (not the wireless one). After about one GB of downloading the
download speed drops to 0 and even browsing becomes impossible (dns requests
aren't answered etc.). Is this a known issue? Is it fixed in YDL 6.2? What
can I do to avoid this problem? The nature of this problem makes me think
it's more general than just an issue with SabNZBD (SabNZBD being unstable
shouldn't make the whole internet connection suffer).

Yours Sincerely,

Stéphane Thibaud