[ydl-gen] Internet freezes after downloading for a while on a PS3

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Sun Jul 12 14:45:08 MDT 2009

Hi Stephanie:

I've come across something similar sometime ago.  However in my situation it
was a matter of cross-checking that what I was downloading was within the
transmission parameters of the account I have with my ISP.

I found it also useful to check the firewall settings within YDL and make sure
it wasn't blocking everything or rather that what the firewall was blocking
followed the restrictions which make sense within my environment.
Unfortunately what makes sense for me to block may not be practical for you --
nonetheless check that your firewall within YDL is at an optimal setting for
your needs.

Remember also within YDL to check Network Device Control which you get to by:

YDL Menu --> Applications --> System Tools --> Network Device Control

Opening this particular application requires using your root password.  When
that has been done the Network Configuration dialog opens allowing several
options within each tab.  Make sure that each tab has the correct settings and
listings of Ethernet devices used in the PS3.  To change anything click on Edit
and be sure to save any changed settings.  You can set the Ethernet port to be
active at boot or at command depending on your preferences but other
possibilities exist as well.

For more details it may be useful to refer to the Yellow Dog Community Board:

http://yellowdog-board.com/

All the best...