[ydl-gen] FileSystem Remount Readonly Issue - Help Please

Dene Stringfellow support at ridgedale.co.uk
Tue Jul 14 05:46:56 MDT 2009

Can anyone please help? A user has just inadvertently deleted a folder
of work from an SMB share stored on an ext3 partition on a YDL 3.0
system running on an Apple G3 B&W tower. I have just unmounted the
partition with a view to remounting the partition as readonly in an
effort to try to recover the data, as I found the overnight backup
failed last night!

However when I try any of the following mount commands:

    mount -o ro,remount /home/Lnx_CAD2

    mount -o remount,ro /home/Lnx_CAD2

    mount -t ext3 -o remount,ro /dev/sdb5 /home/Lnx_CAD2

    mount -o remount,ro /dev/sdb5

    mount -o remount,ro -t ext3 /dev/sdb5 /home/Lnx_CAD2

I get the following error:

    mount: /home/Lnx_CAD2 not mounted already, or bad option

Regards

Dene