[ydl-gen] rpms

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Tue Jun 9 13:59:24 MDT 2009

Nought. Zip.  Nada.

I suppose there's a way to extract or discover the spec file from a .gz
or bz2 file prepared by a project. In this case, I downloaded the
latest libgcrypt source from gnupg. So how would I use rpm to extract
that info?

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 15:37:57 -0400
Richard June <rjune at bravegnuworld.com> wrote:

> first I would check for an existing RPM or a specfile in the source.
> if either of those exist, your life will be much easier.
> if not, you have to build from scratch, not too bad.
> How much experience do you have building rpms?

An interesting definition of Open Source:

“Man should not consider his material possession his own, but as common
to all, so as to share them without hesitation when others are in need”
-- Thomas Aquinas 12th Century.