[ydl-gen] Question on 15" Powerbook G4 1.67ghz (Powerbook 5,8)

Pat Wall pjwall at mac.com
Tue Jun 23 07:05:13 MDT 2009

Hi All

I am thinking of buying a Powerbook 5,8 G4 15" to run YDL on the move.
This is the last PB G4 made with hi-res display and I note in the
Supported Hardware section of Fixstars website that there is an audio
issue reported by an end user:
*
*Apple PowerBook 15" 1.67GHz G4, 2005-06

   1. /Notes:/ On the last shipping model of this product, an end user
      has shared that audio fails under certain configurations of Totem;
      Ekiga does not function.

I was wondering if anyone has one of these powerbooks and have they been
able to get around the issue with audio or would is it best to look for
the Powerbook 5,6 instead?

Thanks in advance!

Pat