[ydl-gen] Question on 15" Powerbook G4 1.67ghz (Powerbook 5,8)

Hal Martin hal.martin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 11:17:40 MDT 2009

Hello Pat,

I previously owned a 15" PowerBook 5,8. I don't recall whether I had any
issues with Ekiga or not, but I can tell you that Totem was a royal
pain. [WARNING: Opinionated sentence] Personally, I think Totem is the
*worst* media software out there and it should die. I would recommend
gMplayer, VLC, or Audacious as replacements for Totem.

As for sound in general on my PowerBook 5,8, it functioned perfectly. :-)

-Hal