[ydl-gen] Radeon X850 support?

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Wed May 6 18:12:17 MDT 2009

Hi all,
I'm in the middle of hot-rodding a Quicksilver G4, and one of its
components is a Radeon X850. It's hard to miss the warning about YDL's
lack of support for X800 on the G5s, and I must assume this extends to
the rare X850.

YDL runs great on the system so far, but only with the stock GeForce2 installed.

Is the problem on the firmware side or the Linux driver side? In
either case I'm willing to work on it, as there's some firmware work
still needed for Mac OS (the card was PC retail). I'm going to
ridiculous lengths to get this beast walking, and would appreciate any
hints, encouragement, technical details, or anything from my fellow
yellow dogs.

Looking forward to the next Cell hack-a-thon,
Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire