[ydl-gen] does yellow dog linux has the packages I need?

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Tue May 12 20:22:05 MDT 2009

Kai Staats wrote:
> Here is a list of the default, installed apps:
> http://us.fixstars.com/products/ydl/installed.shtml
>
> Here is a search tool for all apps available with the distribution:
> http://us.fixstars.com/products/ydl/included/

It says "All Applications Included on the DVD". Is that equal to "all
apps available with the distribution"? I mean, even including the
packages available on official package repository on the Inernet?

I have to ask this becaues "All Applications Included on the DVD" has a
lot of packages missing that I use daily. e.g. most software I keep
using for managing my web design projects are missing: freemind (manage
projects), jedit (for HTML/CSS), f-spot (for manage stoke photos),
unison (for sync websites), tomboy (for taking notes in case of customer
telephone call). That could be a barrier to use YDL if I had to compile
these myself or deal with RPM offered by other site and fight dependency.