[ydl-gen] YDL 6.2, XFCE4, and an iBook G4 1.33Ghz

Jason Ritzke jason.ritzke at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 12:33:30 MDT 2009

 Alright, I want to preface this by saying that I'm not necessarily looking
for a set of step by step instructions, but a couple of pointers would be
nice. I recently installed YDL with XFCE ONLY on my fiancee's iBook G4, and
I'm having a few problems.
1. I can't get the Xfce terminal to run. It exits immediately with an
asynchronous error to X. I'm currently using gnome-terminal for the duration
of the issue (blech).
2. I can't seem to get DRI working on my ATI Radeon Mobility FireGL T2e.
GLXGEARS is putting out only 117 fps.....it's rather unnaceptable.
3. I can't seem to get the apple trackpad to run under the synaptics driver
so I can use the advanced features ( like two-finger scroll and multi-finger
button emulation)
4. Suspend is a little glitchy. If I don't suspend via the power button, or
I don't wake using the power button, the mouse fails to work on suspend.
Furthermore, whenever I open the lid, the machine wakes and goes back to
sleep, and only THEN can I wake it using the power button.

I'm assuming all of these problems could be fixed with a better written
xorg.conf, however I'm suffering from a severe lack of people who know how
to write one for YDL (instead of a debian based distro). If anyone can
provide a better xorg.conf for an ibook g4, or can point me in a better
direction, I'd be very grateful.

Sincerely,
Jason Ritzke

Jason Ritzke
Chief Technical Expert: Lighthouse Solutions
Computer and Technical Services:
Kinder. Cheaper. Easier.
Home : (323) 638-4702
Work : (323) 638-4702