[ydl-gen] Java on PS3-YDL 6.2

Stephen Harker sjh at netspace.net.au
Sat Jan 9 08:38:11 JST 2010

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 10:42:26PM +0000, Pat Wall wrote:
> Hi Robert
>
> Fixstars have posted a howto on ydl.net for getting IBM's Java working
> with Firefox - see
> http://www.ydl.net/support/solutions/ydl_general/firefox-java.shtml for
> the Howto with the runtime environment available here
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/linux/download.html.

I had followed a similar procedure using the latest IBM Java
(ibm-java-ppc-sdk-6.0-6.0.ppc.rpm) and it worked well with the Firefox
supplied with YDL 6.2 and with a self-compiled Firefox 3.5.4.
However, when I upgraded to a self-compiled Firefox 3.6b3 or 3.6b5
Java did not work.  At the moment I have no idea why.

Stephen Harker                           s.harker at adfa.edu.au
PEMS                http://sjharker.customer.netspace.net.au/
UNSW at ADFA