[ydl-gen] Java on PS3-YDL 6.2

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Sun Jan 10 04:33:04 JST 2010

It's easy to forget that YDL is based on CentOS which is designed to be
two or three versions behind the latest bleeding edge releases of Linux
in the effort to maintain stability.  Therefore supporting rpms are
likewise not in the latest versions either.

So if you are building any applications from source you need to make
sure that you also build from source all related rpms, but before all
that you also need to remove from YDL the rpms of dependencies and
applications which are already installed which you intend to replace.
I've gotten caught by this requirement myself several times. This whole
process is rather tedious but if you get through it all, you will have
eventually what you want as you want it.