[ydl-gen] Java on PS3

Robert Black Robert.A.Black at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 15 03:18:13 JST 2010

I too have so far failed to get a working Java on the PS3. I
downloaded the all files with the latest release from the IBM web
site, Tried to install them, & got a message that the JRE and SDK
needed another .so file. I found & downloaded that, re-installed the
SDK, & that worked. Tried to re-install the JRE, and it now claims to
be incompatible with the latest SDK from IBM. A complete runaround.
Result: No java capability w/Firefox on the PS-3.

YDL 6.2 (so far) fails to meet minimal functionality requirements for
me, although I can check email with it.

Good thing this is at home, & not here at work.

Robert A. Black

Research Meteorologist                  4301 Rickenbacker Cswy.
NOAA/AOML/HRD                            Miami, FL 33149-1026

Ph:   (305) 361-4314
FAX: (305) 361-4528 (NEW)

E-Mail: Robert.A.Black at noaa.gov
(Any opinions expressed are mine alone, not NOAA policy)