[ydl-gen] Yellow Pup Linux

Chris W Tucker cwtucker at ironcomm.com
Sun Jan 17 00:04:33 JST 2010

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010, significant.bit at gmail.com wrote:

> Glad to hear you're still enjoying an early iMac -- my rev.a has a zapped flyback transformer, but another friend has kept his running to this day.
>
> I would also love a slim OS for these older systems, one that uses all the hardware to its advantage, and doesn't have any code for hardware that isn't there.
>
> More like what you said, a G3 focused version would be awesome, forget about the already well-served G4 and newer. Even better would be an OS for just the G3 iMacs and some portables, since their hardware is similar and known in advance (single processor, usb, firewire, ati rage graphics, airport).

I think this is a great idea for a rebuild, respin or whatever phrase you
prefer. An optimized build, much like some of the browsers that have been
optimized for G3, G4 respectively.

I love my Lombard, Pismo, Quicksilver, B&Ws. There is a lot of life in
them yet.

Would happily contribute to the project.
Chris