[ydl-gen] Java on PS3-YDL 6.2

Stephen Harker sjh at adfa.edu.au
Sun Jan 17 07:47:34 JST 2010

Hi Pat,

> I finally got around to building firefox 3.6rc1 and many thanks for
> pointing out how to get the java plugin recognised. I found that in my
> own case I can see it in about:plugins but when I try and display any
> applet (such as java.con version test) firefox crashes with the
> error below and I was wondering if anyone has seen anything similar on
> YDL? (haven't investigated further and just had a quick google)

To follow up from my other post, I have tried a number of Java applets
on my iBook using Firefox 3.6b5 and the latest IBM Java on my iBook.
Except for the error message with the java.com version test all others
have worked correctly as far as I can tell.  Try using at least
Firefox 3.6b5 (or the release candidate).  Given the change to the new
plugin format there may be some bugs in 3.6b1 that are not there in
the later versions.  I doubt that it is my use of an iBook versus a
PS3.

Stephen Harker                           s.harker at adfa.edu.au
PEMS                http://sjharker.customer.netspace.net.au/
UNSW at ADFA