[ydl-gen] Java on PS3-YDL 6.2

Pat Wall pjwall at mac.com
Sun Jan 17 22:08:32 JST 2010

Hi Stephen

> To follow up from my other post, I have tried a number of Java applets
> on my iBook using Firefox 3.6b5 and the latest IBM Java on my iBook.
> Except for the error message with the java.com version test all others
> have worked correctly as far as I can tell.  Try using at least
> Firefox 3.6b5 (or the release candidate).  Given the change to the new
> plugin format there may be some bugs in 3.6b1 that are not there in
> the later versions.  I doubt that it is my use of an iBook versus a
> PS3.

It was the release candidate I was trying so I dropped back to 3.6b5
with unfortunately the same result. I my case accessing
http://www.javatester.org/version.html will cause Firefox to crash.
I'm using a Powermac G5 so I'll build the
release candidate on a Powerbook G4 so see if the result differs. Will
keep you posted.

Thanks again

Pat