[ydl-gen] Boot error: USB hub

Robert Spykerman robert.spykerman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 09:30:22 JST 2010

2010/1/22 angelo <angelo_da_re at alice.it>:

> Hi Robert and thanks for your concern about my problem. The exact message
> is: error at "! /etc/X11/Xmodmap". Thanks in advance, Angelo

Hmm.. Now the other thing that would be interesting is to know where
this mesage is being issued from, ie which script. I am guessing that
an X startup script issues this but I am not sure.

To me, it sounds like xmodmap is trying to parse /etc/X11/Xmodmap and
failing. From what you've described (no change in hardware, previously
working USB peripherals etc), in the setting of an improper shutdown,
there is one highly likely explanation I can think of - your Xmodmap
file must have someway been corrupted.

Now unfortunately I do not know enough about X to say this with any
degree of certainty nor can I tell you how exactly to fix it. You may
well want to take a look at the Xmodmap file, if it's corrupt,
generate a new Xmodmap config file and see if that works.

That will mean understanding the format of the Xmodmap config file and
that will mean looking I guess, ie man xmodmap.

Please note, I could be completely wrong, I am still struggling to
figure out how a linux distro is put together. Someone more well
versed in this might be able to hep

Robert Spykerman
--
chown -R us ./base