[ydl-gen] pathetic

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Tue Jan 26 07:34:45 JST 2010

> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:04:59 +1300
> Sam Lummis <sam.lummis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > As Derick has said, OpenSource does in no way mean free. That's a
> > connotation uninformed people consistently derive about Open Source
> > Software. It's insulting that you'll insult a perfectly legitimate, well
> > meaning company without doing your research.

Hi Sam!!

I was going to let this thread go into the vast cyber black-hole when I noticed
your reply.

I believe I know what got Park's goat.  I can't be sure that what I believe is
the source of his indignation, but it's a reasonable guess based on the timing
of his response.

I responded to a query posted on Jan 14, 2010 on the subject: Re: [ydl-gen]
Installation fail on Blade JS22. The query expressed a complaint that YDL would
not run on a Blade JS22. Early the next day, I responded with a link to a
Fixstars posting explaining that YDEL is a commercial product designed to run
on JS2x systems. Fixstar's error was that their webpages did not explicitly
define, explain or emphasize the distinction between YDL and YDEL.

Unfortunately, Fixstars has lost webpages and links as various internal
changes were made.  It is difficult for any organization to keep all software
support documentation on their websites pristinely clear; it is even more
difficult during periods of rapid business and technological changes to
maintain clarity across a variety of cultures and languages.

=========
Refranes/Popular sayings:
The Taino say:No hay mal que por bien no venga.
There is no evil out of which good cannot blossom.