[ydl-gen] Building Firefox 4.0 under YDL 6.2 PPC

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Tue Jul 27 22:00:21 JST 2010

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:34:48 +0100
Pat Wall <pjwall at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I was wondering if anyone has tried building Firefox 4.0 beta or from
> the latest source tree?
>
> For me the build fails with an architecture support error for ycbcr
> which has been added to Firefox from Chromium code:
>
> "/home/pjwall/src/mozilla-central/gfx/ycbcr/chromium_types.h:76:2:
> error: #error Please add support for your architecture in
> chromium_types.h"
>
> The new IPC support in Firefox from 3.6.4 onwards is using code from
> Chromium giving a similar build failure but the build will complete
> successfully if the option "ac_add_options --disable-ipc" is added to
> the mozconfig.
>
> Does anyone know of a similar option for disabling ycbcr or indeed
> another workaround?
>
> Thanks
>

> Pat

Hi Pat:

The fastest and least time consuming option you may have is to comment
out the offending code.

The other possibility is to rewrite chromium_types.h so that it
references PPC recognized commands which also means that you may have
to become (or be) very familiar with PPC assembler and/or the PPC
command architecture controlling various aspects of the PPC cpu. The
problem with that is that you could make the new file so specific to
the PPC you own that the code may not function on other PPC systems
differently designed.

All the best...