[ydl-gen] Building Firefox 4.0 under YDL 6.2 PPC

Terence G Christopher t.g.christopher at ieee.org
Wed Jul 28 00:15:47 JST 2010

Having installed YDL on my play station 3m and then having tried and
failed to install my wireless keyboard, I have been following the
various messages that have developed  over the past 6 months.It is a
great pity that the incompleteness of YDL and lack of readily accessible
documentation together with the failure of Sony to permit the machine to
be readily used and switch between operating systems should destroy what
could have been a fascinating and enriching  engineering development, It
is disheartening to see discussions that are unchanged from 30 years ago
which to me show that all of the talk about object oriented code, and
clean interfaces was just that talk.I realise that the increasing
complexity of machines and programmes greatly increases the challenges,
however Many people such as myself do not want to spend our lives
fiddling trying to get commonly used software to work on a machine. It
is to me a measure of the inadequacy of the development and support
operation. This discourages me from even attempting to use the machine.
So no my play station  is merely an expensive and clumsy blue ray
player. What a pity.
sincerely
Terence Christopher