[ydl-gen] Sony sued over removal of Linux support from PS3

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Sun May 2 07:46:43 JST 2010

Normally I wish people well... but I hope Sony has to pay for their
bait & switch. The PS3 has been fantastic for games and movies, but
its main appeal (for geeks like me) was as a Cell programming
workstation. My army of PowerMacs is no longer supported, but at least
Apple didn't remotely disable them! Or turn them into iTunes Music
Store kiosks. That's essentially what Sony has done.

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire