[ydl-gen] Installation

Luix Gaztañaga luixgaz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 21:45:54 JST 2010

Hello,
Thanks for the emails I have received.Thanks Derick Centeno and Dale
Swanson. Well, the first installation I didn't use the disk utility to
format the hard drive.I use the cds ( I can't use dvds)directly. Afterwards
I have tried with two live cds :Fedora 8 and ubuntu 5.10 The installations
haven`t worked. Yesterday I tried using the disk utility and reinstalling
YDL 5.0.2 and I don't know why the installation was in text mode.After more
than an hour the installation was completed but in the first boot a login
was required. During the installation the only login I created was the root
and I gave the computer such a username . He dismissed it and he wanted to
change my root password. I have read the install guide that Dale mentioned.I
think I am in text mode and don't  know how to change to graphic mode and
launch the desktop. Perhaps I haven't launch a package called X. I don't
know. My computer features are these:
Imac
PowerPc  G3, 500 MHz, 256 Kb caché.1Gb Sdram and AGP 2X
Hard drive:20 Gb
Graphic card:ATI RAGE 128 Pro with 16 Mb Sdram
Cd-RW device

I am disappointed after so many attempts in different distros. Any help
would be appreciated
Regards