[ydl-gen] quid ps3 linux after 2012 - addendum

Thomas Carlson tcarlson at sharedcup.com
Sat Mar 12 03:01:33 JST 2011

Derick:

I completely understand.  I have the advantage that I am retired and have a lot of time on my hands to fool around with old Macs and see if I can get up-to-date operating systems like Linux working on them.   As we talked about before, Apple has certainly moved on from PowerPC, and the upcoming version of OS X won't even include Rosetta, which enabled Intel Macs to use PPC software.  It's understandable.  Apple wants to sell new computers.

Being a retired Special Education teacher and computer lab tech, though, I know that cash-strapped Mac-centric school districts often are not in a position to dump their old kit and buy the latest and greatest.  It's sad how Apple has let them down by dropping support for the older PPC machines.  Heck, even the evil Microsoft will support Windows XP until 2014.

Cheers, Tom