[ydl-gen] quid ps3 linux after 2012 - addendum

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Sat Mar 12 02:37:44 JST 2011

Thanks Tom, I've always appreciated Debian.  I've "lusted" after their
list of packages for years; however I'm not sure that what's available
for x_86 Debian is available for PowerPC Debian, or whatever they name it.

I appreciate that they remain doing "active" PowerPC work.  The issue
for me is that I still have to consider the cost or "bottom line"
problem which is very real.  As I explained multi-core systems exist
which already incorporate the developments which IBM utilized during the
prime of the PowerPC/Cell era and they are very cheap when measured
against repairs for a PowerPC system.

I'm not looking at the problem from the view of "making money" as I am
looking at the problem from the view of not wasting it on an aging
architecture whose current and future descendants are actually Intel
multi-core systems which have integrated PowerPC/Cell technologies into
themselves!

Again, from an individual's perspective considering the "bottom line" as
well as the nature of technological development which is active, is only
rational.