[ydl-gen] Noisy fan on Power G5 and YDL 6.2

rarob at travelinglightfarm.net rarob at travelinglightfarm.net
Wed Nov 14 05:16:41 JST 2012

When my dual 2.0 G5 tower was still alive (died w/memory controller
problem in '11) I never noticed fan problems except with the first several
G5 releases from YDL.  I had YDL6 (6.1 I *think*) on it last and it was
ok.  The initial releases when the G5 first came out had zero fan control,
and the box might have taken off given wings and wheels.

-Rob