Interface, terminal buffers, etc.

Derick Centeno yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
08 Apr 2002 13:12:33 +0000

I was attempting to install Mesa from an older release of YDL and I was
notified of conflicts with other libraries.  Is there going to be a
release of Mesa which will work with current libraries or will I have to
collect the source and recompile everything myself?

Also I've been looking for a ppc version of blender3d.  I've already
looked at the YDL lists, at least I didn't find the software where I
expected it.  That is, listed in alphabetical order within the YDL 2.2
library area in a tar ball not the rpms.  I looked in both anyway to be
sure.

Is there a version of circuit design software similar to what beige bag
does but which runs with a ppc; anyone going in that direction?

By the way although I do admit to not reading every word of the Red Hat
manual or others; I do search for the essentials and I have yet to find
an answer addressing the interface problems of gnome, kde or
enlightenment.  The emptying of Trash requires that it be done within a
dialog box; panels once created have to be killed IF one knows or can
determine the name of the process controlling it, and then in a
particular sequence which I have not found discussed anywhere.  Of
course, the references all mention the use of the rightmost third or
first button depending on one's fancy, but what does that mean with a
typical standard one button ADB Apple mouse???

With the research and study I'm doing reworking the internals of these
various interface's I will not be a newbie for long...  Meanwhile I
would appreciate a response to my prior query regarding capturing a
screen dump and saving it to a text file.  The last message I sent
showed the variety of commands, pipes and so forth I had done to no
avail.  Also some indirection requires that one be prepared; usually
errors occur precisely when one is not.

I'm sure that there is a way to recover the contents of a terminal
buffer, review what is required, extract the elements of interest and
send it to a file.  Within an AIX environment this appears trivial;
however cat doesn't function the same there as it does in Linux.  So
what's the strategy in performing this task, anyone??

Thanks for your time and consideraiton.