PowerCenter video problems

Alan Somers yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 22:21:23 -0500

I installed YDL 2.2 on a PowerCenter upgraded with a MAXpowr G3
processor accelerator and with an ATI XClaim VR (Rage Pro) graphics
card.  I am having trouble getting proper video.  The only way I can
even get the boot-up text to display is to set BootX to "Force Video
Settings" and "No Video".  Then, I am stuck with a single video mode
for everything (XFree86, MOL, etc.): whatever my PowerCenter's MacOS
system was set to.  If I try any other video modes in XFree86, I get
"V_SCREENINFO: Invalid argument" messages.  I am also unable to get
Mach64 acceleration to work.  If I try to specify the "ati" driver, I
get out-of-sync video garbage, even using the forced video settings.

Does anybody have any gems of wisdom to share regarding getting YDL
2.2 to work with a similarly configured PowerCenter?