installation of YDL 2.2 on 9500

Alan Somers yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:55:55 -0500

>I am having trouble getting any GUI to start with the 9500 with an ATI Xlaim
>Mach64 video card.  Using the 15 Apple Multiple Scan.
>
>I have tried using the settings that work on the MacOS 9 side and i can
>actually get all the way to a login and I can get logged in without the GUI.
>
>If someone has been down this path some very 'hand holdish' steps would be
>much appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Eric

I have a PowerCenter with an XClaim VR (Rage Pro) and was able to get
it to work with much gnashing of teeth.  However, I cannot get Mach64
acceleration to work at all.  To at least get unaccelerated video,
try the following (which worked for me):

1. In BootX, specify "No Video" and "Force Video Settings" (I'm
unsure of the actual text, but you get the idea).

2. Boot to the text login and log in.

3. Run Xconfigurator, specify "Failsafe", and exit.

4. Run startx.