Advice Please

Alasdair Simpson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 00:56:21 +0100

--B_3102368181_51000

I am new to the world of Linux(I last experimented with it on my souped up
Amiga) and thought I would try it again.

My system :- G4/450DP,stock ATI card,1gig ram,10gig hd Linux partition,2gig
swap and my bootstrap partition and my 17=B2 ADC Apple Studio Display.

I have been able to install Yellow Dog 2.2 onto my hd and surf the web but
only using a second VGA monitor which is very old,obviously I would like to
use my ADC monitor but have no idea how to go about this or even if the ATI
card works under YDL. 2.2,is there anyone who could advise me how to attemp=
this? I am sure it was a fluke to get up and running immediately and go on
the web.

My second question is about my apple optical mouse,can I use It with YDL.

I have managed to get the above done with the dual processor kernal in
place,I found a Howto  use a different kernal to the default one.

Apart from these 2 niggles,I am very impressed with the overall speed of YD=
(and that=B9s without tweaking it)

Alasdair

--B_3102368181_51000

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Advice Please</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">I am new to the world of Linux(I last experimented wit=
h it on my souped up Amiga) and thought I would try it again.<BR>
<BR>
My system :- G4/450DP,stock ATI card,1gig ram,10gig hd Linux partition,2gig=
 swap and my bootstrap partition and my 17&#8221; ADC Apple Studio Display.<=

<BR>
I have been able to install Yellow Dog 2.2 onto my hd and surf the web but =
only using a second VGA monitor which is very old,obviously I would like to =
use my ADC monitor but have no idea how to go about this or even if the ATI =
card works under YDL. 2.2,is there anyone who could advise me how to attempt=
 this? I am sure it was a fluke to get up and running immediately and go on =
the web.<BR>
<BR>
My second question is about my apple optical mouse,can I use It with YDL.<B=

<BR>
I have managed to get the above done with the dual processor kernal in plac=
e,I found a Howto &nbsp;use a different kernal to the default one.<BR>
<BR>
Apart from these 2 niggles,I am very impressed with the overall speed of YD=
L (and that&#8217;s without tweaking it)<BR>
<BR>
Alasdair</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>