Installing YDL 2.2 on a 9500/180MP

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:05:38 +0100

I have a Power Mac 9500/180MP and I've tried several times to install
YDL 2.2 on it but failed. The computer has 2 2GB HDs. One is on scsi
bus 1, the other on scsi bus 2 (seperate buses, not IDs) and i am able
to partition and everything, but when I get to installing the packages,
it always fails. The first error message it gave me was that it could
not find an RPM in /var/tmp. When I tried again, it gave me "Errors
running transaction set! Please correct this manually". The second
error might have occured because I did not repartition. I have been
trying to install YDL 2.1 for months and now I'm having trouble with
2.2 to! Any help on this would be greately appreciated. Thanks.

Arnan Murphy

Get EDOMail for Secure, Virus Scanned, Reliable Mail
Email as it should be - http://www.edo.ie/mail.html