YDL 2.2 booting from NuBus

Chris Urban yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:16:45 -0400

Okay - more 7100 YDL 2.2 developments:

I switched back to the MKLinux booter, and used the input driver version of
the kernel on Takashi's site. That worked! Thanks, Bo!

Unfortunately, I needed to run the file system check manually - no big deal.
But, once that was complete, restarted, I logged in, and I tried to startx.
When this installed on the 7500 (which I used to install everything with in
the first place) it worked great, but now, on the 7100, I get a fatal error
warning, that there is no OS PCI support (duh.) Now, with MKLinux, I had X
running, albeit, a much older simpler version. But, wouldn't XFree86 still
run on NuBus systems? Or is there a version that will? What alternatives do
I have? Is there something in the XFconfig-4 file I can change?

Chris