yellowdog 2.3

Pat Plummer yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 08:03:22 -0600

Dan:

You already have 2.2 installed, right? It sounded to me like you were
trying to do a full install and hopefully you didn't hose your 2.2
install trying to do the upgrade.

Why do a fresh install when you can use apt-get to do the upgrade
painlessly? It worked well here on ix (my ANS700) and believe me a fresh
install on an ANS is no cakewalk. It should work for your ibook as well.

In fact, you should be able to use the CD as source for apt as opposed
to ftp. "man apt-get" or "apt-get -h" will give you some info on method.
Also have a look at:

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/apt-get.shtml

apt should do the trick, but probably won't update your kernel and
kernel source files automagically . At least, it seems that I had to do
an apt-get install to install those things as I remember. You may not
need the kernel source if you don't roll your own kernels.

HTH,

Pat
--
On Sunday, August 11, 2002, at 02:36 , Daniel Wilcox
<daniel@soe.ucsc.edu> wrote:

> having been happy with my yellowdog 2.2 installation on my ibook2, i
> decided (against my better judgement) to invest in a yellowdog 2.3
> retail cd.  now i have a $40 paper weight as the cd fails to even
> complete an installation.  during the package installation stage it pops
> up an error that says:
> 	"Error running transaction set!
> 		Please correct this manually."
<snip>