Custom installation

Simon Plint yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:03:47 +1000

Hi,

I am trying to do a custom installation to save drive space. I only have
a 1.2gb drive.

I can get only as far as selecting the package , "Home/Office" and
checking the "Custom Package Selection" box". After that I get an error
during the "Reading Local package" process. The error just says
"Error ---- Please fix this locally".

What I have done so far;
PowerMac 8500.
Plenty of RAM(64+, can't check right now).
2 1.2gb hard drives. 1 with Mac OS 9, 1 formatted with Drive setup as
1034 mb unallocated.
YDL CD image download and burnt to CD.
Unstuffed bootx installer and installed bootx on Mac OS 9 drive.
Reported and selected RAM image
Chose language and keyboard.
Added 3 partitions to second HD - 10mb boot, 128 swap, Max linux
Formatting of drive seems ok
Chose Home/Office package with "custom package selection" chosen.
Then I get error.

Any ideas?

Do I need a bigger HD?

Is there a way to select which items I want to install for a particular
package?

Thanks,
Simon.

--