Pppoe over Ydl 2.2

l.biagiotti yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 01:15:30 +0200

Hi again,

This time I'm stuck for good ...

After having succeeded in installing Ydl 2.2 on my 6100 and having struggled
in order to get Kde to work, now I can't seem to be able to convince pppoe
to do its stuff.
I've been installing it from the Ydl cd but, if I try to do an "adsl-start"
Ydl tells me that the command "can't be found", same thing goes for what is
about "adsl-setup" while "adsl-status" just tells me that adsl did not start
because it is not able to read the /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf file ... pppd tells
me that the kernel I use (2.4.13.pre3 from Etsushi Kato) doesn't support ppp
or that the ppp module has not been installed.

In short I don't know what to do as all the litterature I read over the
Internet (while connecting from 9.1...) tells me that all I have to do is
install pppoe and then run adsl-setup ... looks like I get an error that
nobody else has ever seen ...

Any comment/suggestion?

TIA

Lorenzo