Cannot Continue Installation Update4...

Chad Zoellner yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:27:35 -0700

On 8/17/02 11:01 AM, "yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com"
<yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com> wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:36:09 -0700
> Subject: Cannot Continue Installation Update3...
> From: Chad Zoellner <chadz@tt123.com>
> To: <yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
>
> On 8/16/02 11:01 AM, "yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com"
> <yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com> wrote:
>

>> Message: 2
>> Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:46:38 -0700
>> Subject: Cannot Continue Installation Update2...
>> From: Chad Zoellner <chadz@tt123.com>
>> To: <yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>

>>> other
>>> tried

>>> Message: 3
>>> Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:02:52 -0700
>>> Subject: Cannot Install Cont...
>>> From: Chad Zoellner <chadz@tt123.com>
>>> To: <yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
>>>
>>> Update,
>>> Tried pulling every other card out of the machine on the chance that my scsi
>>> card or my video capture card was causing the prob still cannot mount the cd
>>> when checking  multimedia.
>>>
>>> Also hooked every open connection with spare hard drives in case it was
>>> thinking that an open slot in the chain was a cd drive but still could not
>>> mount the cd during the install process.
>>>
>>> Again any help would be appreciated, I am running out of options here,
>>>
>>> The next thing I am going to try is to swap out the DVD drive with a
>>> standard Cd-Rom. I figure if that works and I can get installed I can
>>> redirect the path to the drive as others have done.
>>>
>>> -chadz
>>>

>> Update part 2
>>
>> Unhooked everything except the video card, one hard drive,  and the dvd
>> drive. Tried the 2.3 installer again and had the same issue... " you have
>> more than one cd/dvd drive installed"..."unable to mount the drive".
>>
>> Swapped the DVD drive for a standard CD-Rom and had the same issue.
>>
>> Hooked up both the DVD and the CD-Rom.. Had the same issue even swapping the
>> disk back and forth between drives during the installation.
>>
>> I am now officially out of ideas, nothing anywhere is addressing this issue
>> on any FAQ or mailing list.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> - Chadz
>>

> Update 3
>
> Talked with a Past Unix person who offered the suggestion that I check to
> make sure that the HD and the CD/DVD are both on their own IDE line and that
> they are both set to master and not cable select or slave. Double checked
> and tested again with the same results. Just to cover the bases I also set
> each to cable select at the same time and individually and tested with the
> same result.
>
> Again any help would be appreciated.
>
> -chadz

Update 4

For the forth time pulled the ISO's for YDL 2.3 and YDL 2.2 ran them both
each booted fine but again could not find the CD/DVD to mount and could not
continue the installer. Swapped out the DVD for a generic CD-Rom same
result. I am beginning to think that either my G4 is fried though it will
install OSX just fine from a disc or the installers for YDL cannot install
on my G4.