Cannot Continue Installation Update4...

Chuck yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:28:02 -0700

on 8/19/02 11:27 AM, Chad Zoellner at chadz@tt123.com wrote:

> For the forth time pulled the ISO's for YDL 2.3 and YDL 2.2 ran them both
> each booted fine but again could not find the CD/DVD to mount and could not
> continue the installer. Swapped out the DVD for a generic CD-Rom same
> result. I am beginning to think that either my G4 is fried though it will
> install OSX just fine from a disc or the installers for YDL cannot install
> on my G4.
>
> Again any help would be appreciated

It's not your machine. Linux is so user unfriendly that I am surprised
anyone uses it. Just keep at it.

Try allocating more disk space to the various partitions. Try 100 MB for the
boot partition.

I still can't get on my LAN but I did get it installed. But what good is a
computer nowadays that doesn't work on a network???

Chuck
Who is now free from Earthlink