About to Give up on YDL for PM 6500s

Jared Pedroza yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:38:28 -0600

Actually, it is standardized, for linux. If you are used to a variant of
BSD unix, the files are in different locations, but the file locations
are standard for linux. I know the feeling of frustration, I am used to
FreeBSD, OpenBSD and MacOS X. I ran into the same error on configuring
the network, it said that there was no network interface. I just let it
finish, booted and configured it at the command line. One thing that
threw me off is the face that there is no "network" file in
/etc/sysconfig" until you make it or use the GUI configuration tools to
set up the network.

I agree about the whold Windows issue. I will take my G4 over a WinTel
machine anyday.

Jared