6100 and YDl 2.2 ... again ...

l.biagiotti yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 02:11:54 +0200

Yup! Me again ...

Hi all, I'm back after a while having had "fun" in the attempt to setup a
working pppoe connection on my ooold 6100/60.

Well, as it seems I finally succeeded in getting Roaring Penguin's PPPoe to
work on my machine. Adsl-setup enables me to configure the whole thing but,
now what happens is that I apparently am not able to convince pppoe and
Linux to recognise and use my Ericsson Adsl modem.

i have been trying to configure eth0 by means of the /usr/lib/yi/network.py
command but in spite of the fact that at boot time I can see the modem's
ethernet-connection light flash, while Linux brings up the eth0 interface,
adsl-start tells me the following:

"Error starting connection: Timed out. /usr/sbin/adsl-start: line 189: 1292
Terminated $connect "$@"> /dev/null 2>&1"

What does this mean according to you? That pppoe can't use the modem? That
the modem is not properly configured? That the ethernet card is not properly
configured? For what is about pppoe's configuration I'm pretty sure
everything is all right there, so I'm trying to locate the problem somewhere
else.

I've been doing a lot of reading lately but, as it happened while I wasn't
able to get pppoe to work, I just can't seem to find a definite answer, a
solution or whatever ...

Any comment or suggestion?

TIA

Lorenzo