About to give up on YDL on PM 6500s part deux

Miyasato, Kris yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:59:49 -0700

Thanks for all the helpful posts. I have tried each suggestion and still
cannot get YDL to install. It still crashes during the install process, as
files are being written to the hard drive.
 It actually does this rather consistently on all 6500s I have tried it on,
using text and graphical install tools, installing with any package set
including the base install, using larger boot partition sizes and also
experimenting with changing sizes of all partitions.

I am at a loss. I have used Redhat, Solaris x86, Slackware, and Suse
distributions on PC and LinuxPPC and Mklinux on Macs, and I have never had
this much trouble installing linux.

Has anyone successfully installed this on a PM6500?

Kris A. Miyasato, MA
Manager - Technology Systems
Pepperdine University - GSEP
kmiyasat@pepperdine.edu