GeForce2 MX

Dave yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:38:38 -0400

Hi, I'm trying to install YDL 2.3 on a Dual 800 G4 with an nVidia GeForce2
MX card. All goes well, except I can only use 8 colors...

I checked in the OS X System Profiler, and it says the "Revision" of the
video card is "b2". I've read some documentation that says:

There is a buggy revision of the GeForce2 MX boards (rev b2 or 178 decimal).
This board will not work in Linux. If you have this board, you need to
upgrade it to get a working rev a1 ROM.

Does this mean I just can't use YDL with my card, with more than 8 colors,
and I need to buy another video card to use more than 8 colors?

I've tried modifying the XF86Config-4 file, but nothing seems to allow me to
use more than 8 colors...

So is there anything I can do, or do I need to get a new video card?

Thanks so much!

Dave