PM6500 YDL install - SUCCESS thanks Jared

Chuck Coleman yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:11:01 -0700

on 8/29/02 3:01 PM, lowell at lowell@kc.rr.com wrote:

> Can't get him to ping, tho'; ifconfig says eth0 is up, and etc/hosts
> contains the proper ip address...

I had the same problem with my 5400/160.

Just because it can see the card doesn't meant that it will work. I had a
Farallon card in the PCI slot with NEC chip set, The chip set was listed in
the selection of Ethernet cards.

I finally went with an Apple 10BT card in the comm slot and that worked.

You could try adding the tulip driver to the config file and see if that
works.

/etc/modules.conf:

Then enter

alias eth0 tulip

As always be careful with all modifications to your system.

Chuck