Basic install question

Jamie White yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 17:33:07 +0100

On Saturday, Aug 31, 2002, at 16:17 Europe/London, lowell wrote:

> 1G for MacOS, 2 for YDL?  Mac won't need that much, but you might need
> "breathng room" just in case your plans change....

I have a mac os 9 partition with a system folder at 385mb, so I'd say
if you were never going to use it, 500mb should be more than enough.
Hell, my extensions folder is 120mb, and if i wasn't actively using os
9, i could happily get rid of most of those.

In fact, on my 6100 (mac os 8 and MKLinux) I have a 100mb os 8
partition, with a 30mb system folder (and simple text, just in case).
With a good 70 (ish) mb to spare.

To be honest, I don't know how far you can trim os 9 down though...

J White