switching from KDE to Gnome

Jamie LaRue yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 01 Dec 2002 20:14:02 -0700

The RIGHT answer is probably to edit the startx configuration file,
wherever that is. What *I* do is just type, from root gdm or kdm -- one
is a gnome version of session manager, the other is the KDE version. But
they both do the same thing -- allow you to choose desktop interfaces on
the fly, or set them to the other one.

Incidentally, this isn't a bad way to leave your computer. People can't
quit back to root, or use your machine.