Installing YDL on Firewire disk impossible !???

Marc yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 17:42:30 -0800

Hi,

I have installed ydl on a ppc6400/200mhz/80MbRAM

Just to test how smooth the sytem works on an iMac/powerbook
a friend of mine brought his FireWire disk...

1. Unfortunately the install process does not recognize the FireWire
disk and
installation is impossible...  Is there a workaround for this?

2.  Then we decided to install ydl on a partition of a powerbook,
but see what happens:  The powerbook is divided in two partitions,
1 of 7Gb for OS X, 1 for macos9 with 3Gb.  Unfortunately the install
procedure says it sees a 3Gb MacosX and a 7Gb macos9.  So it simply
switches the situation as it is.  Because we do not want accidents
to happen, we've not installed ydl...
When booting the mac, you can press "option" to get into a mode where
you can see all bootable discs.  This procedure recognises the bootable
FireWire...

Marc