How to get YDL 2.2 files into OSX??

Beartooth yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 12:43:32 -0500 (EST)

	YDL on my TerraSoft iBook is prone to kernel panics -- at
least once every time I boot it. Usually, the automatic reboot
works; once or twice -- including just now -- the reboot got about
as far as eth0, and then froze up so hard that, after letting it
age a half hour or so, I finally had to pull the battery. Then it
booted, and seems to be going to work for a while again.

	I'm in contact with someone for whom I've been excerpting
logs. But my connection has been breaking down on ftp -- either
gftp or plain vanilla from the command line hangs/stalls. If I
leave it long enough, it claims to have succeeded; but what I find
is just the file name at the other end, with zero bits.

	I want to copy the log excerpt files from home/btth into a
user home file on the OSX partition, from which I can burn them to
a CD; maybe the desktop will be able to ftp them out somehow.

	Details: I have DSL and two ISPs. The DSL modem connects to
an Apple Airport base station, which connects by another cable to
the desktop, and wirelessly to the iBook -- a fairly standard
configuration, I believe; and even the iBook does *some* times send
ftp successfully, or used to. But there's a complication: I use the
DSL connection primarily to ssh (or ftp) into the second ISP, where
I have a shell account in which I actually run my email, using pine
4.43. That ISP is running Sun 5.8. I have no idea what the DSL ISP
runs -- it's Verizon in Northern Virginia.

--
Beartooth the Stubborn <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
Double Retiree, Linuxer's Apprentice, Curmudgeon On Line